We're delighted to be running a programme of free activities for children at the nature reserve during the summer holidays.
For every session you attend you will be given a sticker. If you receive five or more stickers, you will receive a prize at the end of summer picnic!
All activities are risk assessed and will be led by Katie, who holds an enhanced DBS certificate and is a qualified teacher.
Please email Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to register your interest and receive booking details.
Terms & Conditions
- Children attending must be accompanied, and supervised at all times, by an adult over 18.
- Maximum of two children per accompanying adult.
- Activities are aimed at children between the ages of 4 and 13 - please email us if you'd like to attend with a younger or older child.
- All activities are free of charge, and all materials provided (except for the picnic).
- For the picnic - families will need to bring their own food, drink and picnic blankets.
- Activities will be booked via Eventbrite - you'll be sent the link when you email us.
- Numbers attending are strictly limited, so booking in advance is essential.
- All activities will take place outdoors - there is limited shelter available and no toilets.
- Activities subject to cancellation due to bad weather.
- Children should wear appropriate clothing, including closed-toe shoes and long trousers. These should also be clothes you don't mind them getting messy.
- Bring a rain coat, or suncream, sun hat and a cold drink, depending on the weather.
- Bring torches if attending the Moth Watching session.
- Some things made by the children will be for the nature reserve, and others will be able to be brought home.
- All persons attending are responsible for their own health safety, and that of children in their ward, and others affected by their actions.
- All persons attending are responsible for the security of their personal possessions.
- Any persons acting in an unsafe manner may be asked to leave the activity.
- No one should attend if they have recently tested positive for COVID-19, or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or have been instructed to self-isolate.