Volunteer Work PartiesRegular volunteer work parties are held at Tice's Meadow on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month. Other work parties are scheduled as and when TMBG members are free on a week day, or a team of external volunteers offers to come and help us.
- All tools and equipment are supplied.
- No experience is necessary. All are welcome to join in.
- Work parties last approximately 4 hours.
- Tea, coffee and doughnuts are supplied
- Tasks are weather dependant and subject to change.
- Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear, and bring gloves if you have them.
- Meet at 10am at Horton's Mound, unless stated.
- Children are welcome to attend, but it is our policy that:
- Children under 4 cannot take part in the work due to insurance reasons.
- Children aged 4 to 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children aged 14 & 15 can attend unaccompanied.
- Please contact us in advance if you intend to bring your children.
- Saturday 14th September – Cleaning the feeders. Clearing paths.
- Saturday 28th September – Working in the river as part of Blackwater River Week.
- Saturday 12th October - TBD.
- Saturday 26th October - TBD.
Guided WalksThe following guided walks are scheduled:
- Sunday 22nd September - Surrey Bird Club & Blackwater River Week (10am). More info here.
If you're a member of a group who would like a guided tour, please contact us.
Blackwater River FestivalWe're excited to be taking part in the Blackwater River Festival (between September 21st & 29th) - a week of activities across the Blackwater Valley being run by the Blackwater Valley Countryside Trust.
We're hosting a guided walk, moth trapping evening & river work party - all free public activities:
Full details here can be found here: