There's just one week left to register an objection to the planning application for a McDonald's Drive-thru on the Tice's Meadow & Tongham Ponds Site of Nature Conservation Interest - comments close on December 29th.
105 objections have been received from the public, and the following consultees have also objected:
- Surrey County Council Highways Department.
- Surrey County Council Flood Risk, Planning & Consent Team.
- Surrey County Council County Archaeologist.
- Farnham Town Council.
- The Farnham Biodiversity Group.
- The Campaign for the Protection of Rural England (Surrey).
- Blackwater Valley Friends of the Earth.
I know that more objections are being worked on and will be submitted this week.
Please consider adding to the objections already registered on the Guildford Borough Council Planning Portal.
Please also consider joining the over 4,500 people who have signed our petition.
We're very grateful to all of the people and groups who have supported our campaign so far. It's been rewarding to see the local community joining together to object to this highly inappropriate proposed development.